As part of the Australian Government’s Budget announcements, the Entrepreneurship Facilitator Program will not continue beyond 30 June 2023. There remains a range of existing services available to those who wish to explore self-employment as an option to meaningful employment or require assistance with their existing small business.
Self-Employment Assistance providers offer tailored advice through a range of flexible services. More information on Self-Employment Assistance and provider locations: https://www.workforceaustralia.gov.au/individuals/training/activities/self-employment-assistance
The Disability Trust will continue to be a source of Customised Employment Support for clients with disabilities including who are interested in starting or growing a business for themselves. For more information contact Rebecca McIntyre on Rebecca.McIntyre@disabilitytrust.org.au or 0479 185 441.
Other small business resources that provide information, tools and referrals that may assist you, include:
- Registration, grants, and the range of services and supports available across government to help your business succeed: https://business.gov.au/
- Compliance, regulations, and business structure information: https://asic.gov.au/for-business/small-business/
- Banking, budgeting, scams, and insurance information to protect yourself and your business: https://moneysmart.gov.au/
- Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman is an independent advocate for small business owners offering advice and assistance: www.asbfeo.gov.au
- Other local supports, programs include Business Connect: https://business.gov.au/expertise-and-advice/Business-Connect
- ASBAS Program: https://business.gov.au/expertise-and-advice/digital-solutions-australian-small-business-advisory-services
Entrepreneurship support services can be delivered through group support and networking events, including light touch individual support.
Services can include advice on:
• The benefits and challenges of self-employment
• Opportunities that align to your skills, experience, and interests
• Opportunities in your local area
• Referrals to other small business support programs, including Self-Employment Assistance
Access resources below:
If you have a complaint or feedback on the services provided, here are the steps of action to take.